Tax planning is often at the very heart of corporate transactions, as taxes can have a substantial impact on a company’s bottom line. We provide strategic tax advice on a broad range of transactions including:
- Evaluation of tax treaties and intermediary jurisdictions in business expansion and M&A transactions
- Comparative entity taxation analyses
- Capital markets and partnership transactions, venture capital and private equity fund structuring
- Structured products and derivatives
- Implications of renouncing US citizenship and FATCA compliance.
We also represent clients in tax audits and tax controversies, before the IRS and state tax departments, and in the courts.