The firm’s partners have litigated and tried cases in the New York state courts and federal courts throughout the United States for over thirty years. Their experience encompasses a wide variety of areas, including contract, fraud, securities, antitrust, product liability, shareholder and partnership disputes, corporate governance and claims for injunctive relief.
The firm’s lawyers also represent clients before federal courts of appeals throughout the United States as well as before the New York appellate courts.
- Represented defendants in $45 million federal claim brought by airline for interference with contract and breach of fiduciary duty concerning the purchase and sale of three B747-400 aircraft
- Represented Swiss financial institutions in $600 million federal suit brought by state insurance commissioners under federal RICO statute relating to embezzlement scheme
- Represented Finnish oil trading company in federal litigation brought by major US oil company under the UN Convention for the International Sale of Goods
- Represented noteholders in federal interpleader action seeking trust assets claimed by FDIC as receiver of failed credit card issuer
- Represented European corporate investors in federal court securities litigation over investments in US public company
- Represented US coal importer in federal litigation against international testing company over inspections conducted in Belgium and Pakistan
- Represented chief financial officer of New York company in litigation over company claims for repayment of non-recourse loans
- Represented defendant in state court injunction proceedings relating to contracts with the City of New York for waste disposal transport
- Represented estate in state court action against decedent’s former business partners to recover decedent’s share of jointly owned businesses
- Represented owner and operator of B767-300ER aircraft in New York attachment proceedings relating to failure to timely redeliver aircraft in violation of lease
- Represented owner of aircraft engines in federal court and international arbitration proceedings against Japanese repair facility
- Represented aircraft consultants in federal court actions concerning letters of intent for the sale and purchase of aircraft
- Represented German financial institution in New York state court action over potential sale of CRJ aircraft to Asian buyers
- Represented lender in $33 million foreclosure action for six commercial aircraft in New York state court, including defending against attempts in lower court and appellate court to enjoin foreclosure sale
- Represented US branch of European bank in US federal employment litigation
- Represented French firm in US trademark dispute over unauthorized use of business name
- Represented Hong Kong manufacturer against federal trademark infringement claims brought by US manufacturer
- Obtained $120 Million derivative verdict on behalf of minority shareholders of famous restaurant brand in litigation regarding majority shareholders’ breach of fiduciary duty by licensing the brand’s intellectual property to themselves at well below the market rates.
- Ongoing representation of provider of comprehensive mobility platform and mobile app solutions in contract dispute with several taxi fleets.
- Represented aircraft leasing company in post-transaction dispute regarding benefit of NOLs.
- Ongoing representation of former owners of service-disabled-veteran-owned fund manager in litigation against bank which caused demise by withdrawing approval for loan.
- Ongoing representation of investment bank in recovery of success fee.
- Represented family owned financial planning practice in connection with breakup of principals.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing state agency in litigation involving Housing Assistance Payment contract under Section 8 of the United States Housing Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of investment bank in recovery of finder’s fee.
- Obtained dismissal of three products liability actions against mobile phone manufacturer alleging harm from radiation exposure.
- Obtained dismissal of products liability action against mobile phone manufacturer alleging harm resulting from 9-1-1 system’s failure to locate phone.
- Obtained partial summary judgment dismissing majority of products liability action against mobile phone manufacturer alleging harm resulting from 9-1-1 system’s failure to locate phone.
- Represented 50% owner of Ukrainian television channel in litigation over control of channel.
- Represented manufacturer of chemical compounds used in thin film solar photovoltaics on claims of breach of contract and fraud.
- Represented terminated franchisee in contract action against Major League Baseball’s merchandising company.
- Represented mobile telephone manufacturer defending breach of contract claim by advertising agency.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing action against state agency in litigation alleging responsibility for financing defective construction.
- Obtained dismissal for French electronics manufacturer defending action by investment bank seeking finder’s fee.
- Obtained judgment for Norwegian software company in ICDR arbitration.
- Obtained judgment following jury trial for Singaporean commodities trader in litigation regarding purchase of cargo of cashew nuts.
- Represented restaurant in defense of two ADA litigations.
- Represented manufacturer of custom industrial inks as lead defendant in products liability litigation.
- Represented former owner of Manhattan office building in defending action by plaintiff alleging injuries in improperly maintained elevator.
- Represented a shareholder in a shareholders’ dispute arising out of the sale of a pharmaceutical company in Delaware Courts.
- Represented a maritime company before the Commercial Courts of Tarragona (Spain) in a dispute related to an oil spill in the waters of the Port of Tarragona. Parallel litigations in the Criminal and the Contentious-Administrative Courts.
- Represented two multinational construction companies before the Civil Courts of Barcelona (Spain) in a dispute related to the collapse of the construction works during the enlargement of the Port of Barcelona.
- Represented an international bank in a ship arrest action before the Commercial Courts of Barcelona (Spain) due to a ship mortgage breach.
- Represented an international insurance company before Spanish Courts against a loss of profits claim due to failure in an electric power plant.