Our attorneys have represented numerous aircraft owners, lessors, lessees, operators, and other persons involved in the aviation industry in the U.S. and abroad. They are experienced in counseling clients with respect to aviation contract and regulatory matters, as well as litigating on their behalf when necessary. The firm’s lawyers’ aviation litigation experience includes cases for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, interference with contract, enforcement of lease agreements, enforceability of letters of intent, airworthiness issues, as well as the seizure and repossession of aircraft.
The firm is also experienced in counseling and advising clients in the emerging field of unmanned aerial systems (“UAS”) (or “drones”) under state law and FAA regulations. Michael Davies is the Chair of the Subcommittee on UAS/Drone Regulation of the New York City Bar Association’s Aeronautics Committee.
- Represented defendants in $45 million federal claim brought by airline for interference with contract and breach of fiduciary duty concerning the purchase and sale of three B747-400 aircraft
- Represented owner of aircraft engines in simultaneous federal court and international arbitration proceedings against Japanese repair facility
- Represented aircraft consultants in federal court actions concerning letters of intent for the sale and purchase of aircraft
- Advised aircraft owner in dispute with insurer over damage claim to A320 aircraft leased to operator in Asia
- Advised aircraft lessor on New York law issues concerning possible seizure of aircraft operating in Asia
- Advised major aerospace manufacturer concerning implications of potential international arbitration against airline
- Represented German financial institution in New York state court action over potential sale of CRJ aircraft to Asian buyers
- Represented lender in $33 million foreclosure action for six commercial aircraft in New York state court, including defending against attempts in lower court and appellate court to enjoin foreclosure sale
- Represented European aircraft engine manufacturer in US product liability litigation